Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SKIPPIN' AROUND TOWN




I came across these two little scenes as we were driving around town one afternoon. The little house is so inviting, isn't it? The young trees in spring bloom and the classic little bicycle leaning against the white picket fence. It reminds me of something I might see back in New England.
Then, near by, was this sort of welcome sign, although I don't remember it saying anything...
There are times when all the fishing paraphernalia on fences or houses can get carried away and end up looking "a bit much'. This is tasteful, I think, with just enough to let you know that this is a fishing community and who ever lives here is happy about that. Reminds me a bit of the old Angela Lansbury series, "Murder She Wrote". I loved that show......I think mostly for the quaint little fishing village that it was supposed to be. And here we are.........

No comments:

Post a Comment