Monday, March 22, 2010

HAPPY FACES ON THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING

I don't think I'm alone when I think of happy faces when looking at pansy's. Maybe it's the fact that they're one of the first of spring's flowers we see after a long winter, but they just look cheerful somehow.
My friend, Elaine, always treats me every spring with some pansy's.....and usually in a pretty little container of some kind. A couple of years it was baskets, and this year it's a hand made pottery vase from one of our local pottery artists. Elaine gifted me with the beautiful reddish pansy.
The blue ones were brought home to me by my husband, Norm. I see where I forgot to take away the white blemishes on this top photo. Ooops.

The two below I particularly like because they show the light and shadows from behind. It shows the fragility of the petals and I think makes the photograph more interesting when I'm not looking at it head-on. So, to my two friends, Elaine and my best friend, Norm......I say thank you for marking the first day of spring and for making me feel special.




No comments:

Post a Comment