Friday, March 12, 2010

NANCI'S TUPLIP TREE


I saw this first blossom on my neighbor's young tulip tree the other day just before it started seriously raining. (no asking what non-serious rain looks like). She is such a great neighbor in many ways but the location of this tree shows her consideration for others. She planted it close to our property line where we could enjoy it equally every spring. I might be mistaken, but I do think this is the first year it has bloomed. And the stark white against the otherwise green growth all around, stands out pretty vividly. I'm wondering if all the lititle buds we see here on the other branches are going to be leaves or more blossoms. I'll be satisfied either way as this one has been an unexpected treat. We all throught we were ready to jump into beautiful spring weather.......and then Ma Nature did a switch on us here in southern Oregon and bounced us back into winter-like weather. So....this tulip blossom will remind us that winter can't hold us too much longer and we can soon get outside and do all that garden catch-up. 8-))

No comments:

Post a Comment