Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RETURN TO THE ELK

I keep hearing about how low the water is this time of year on the Elk River. Being a former California gal, and having lived in the Sierra foothills, I'm used to low-really low. I haven't spent very much time viewing the various seasons of water levels on the Elk River so I can only imagine what it must be like in winter or early spring. Yet another excuse to get back up there. It's not like it's a day's journey away............about 15 minutes should do it! I just need to not get distracted. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much.............

This morning Norm and I went to a political talk by a Republican candidate. I don't do political campaigning and am not going to use this space to even start.......just let me say that if any of you in the Oregon area who might not like the route Washington is taking these days, you might want to check out what Art Robinson has to say. And if you are happy with the government, well, so be it. Luckily for all of us, it was nice that it was such a beautiful sunny morning. The sun felt good and the air smelled wonderful. Far different from yesterday. There is a very definite cool nip to the air now though. My favorite season coming up!!
I'm showing two different type of photos here of the same area. The first was where water was coming down from the hill and the next is tumbling over rocks on it's way to join the river. I particularly love the second shot, myself.
I can hear the news from the other room............can you believe that Zsa Zsa Gabor is 93 years old!!!?? Wow! If she's THAT old, why is it making ME feel ............ well, less than young??
Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!! Keep grinning.......... 8-D))

No comments:

Post a Comment