Monday, July 19, 2010

MEET THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

I mentioned this new art gallery last week and this seemed a good way to start off the week....by exploring a little more of the Vickie's new business. Flowers are planted and the doors have been opened. When we stopped by today Vickie said that the open house of last Friday brought tons of people and the weekend was very good also. One of the side features of Whistling Gallery is a table with various art supplies for the youngest of the budding artists among us....children. A table had been set up but not too many supplies yet. We needed to make a stop in Coos Bay at WalMart and Norm found a number of coloring books with crayons that he wanted to get for the gallery. So, while Norm presented his contribution to Vickie, I went around and took some shots.....some of which you're seeing here. The first is obviously the sign on Hwy 101, so you'll recognize it when you see it. The second is the gallery itself.....again, pretty obvious. The third is one of many new pieces of stained glass. This blue one I thought was the most beautiful but there were many others......and all very affordable. I'll run a few more photos that I took in another day or so.

This week is going to be a pretty busy one for me, so if I should sound a little scattered it's probably because I am!! But, I'll do my best to make sense......8-D) Then again, doesn't everyone enjoy a puzzle now and again??

Enjoy a warm and sunny Tuesday!! It's going to be a good day!





No comments:

Post a Comment