Monday, May 3, 2010

LOTS OF PELICANS


After the seagull feeder left and all the gulls disappeared with her, I got out of the car and started taking more snaps. In the distance, over Facerock I think, I saw what looked like a flock of pelicans. Because of their angle and distance they looked like they were just suspended, unmoving and floating over the rock. Gradually I could see that they were coming towards the jetty where we were. I got a number of good shots and have had fun experiementing with different effects....black and white, very light, etc. This first one is actually very sharp when enlarged. I love to watch the way they fly almost in formation. The second photo here is as they were heading out to sea where the Coquille River meets the Pacific. It's sort of an unusual shot, I think, and I like it.....course I like pelicans!
I think I've mentioned it before, but if you haven't seen the Pelican Exhibit up at the Bandon Hospital, try to take it in. There are some wonderful photographs there and pelicans in every possible pose you can think of and then some. The show runs until the end of June, I believe.
OK......wishing you all a Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment