Wednesday, February 10, 2010

OUT WITH THE OLD

Yesterday I went out to pick some sage and saw changes happening in the garden. "Out with the old, in with the new" seemed appropriate for the photos I'm posting today.
The first was a type of viburnum, I think, from last summer. The dried flowers are fairly well protected by the deck above so they haven't been beaten down by the winter's winds and rain. I thought it had a very artistic flow to it. The black background only enhances it, I think.
The bare wood from the deck emphasize the old.
Directly above the old flower is the new clematis breaking out into it's spring blooms along the railing of the deck. I particularly like the little patches of blue sky through the trees that seem to mimic the busy little white flowers. It was warm enough yesterday that I was able to smell it's wonderful fragrance. Course, while I was down there looking around, I couldn't help but notice all the weeds that were vigorously erupting
from the ground. That's going to take a ton of work! Someone tell me again why I ever planted such a large garden!!



No comments:

Post a Comment