Sunday, October 31, 2010

MORE AUTUMN COLOR

I think everyone is out Halloween-ing tonight.........if not Trick-or-Treaters at the door then a Halloween-Hoot party. I do miss the children coming to the door. We live in an out-of-the-way country road and have never gotten any little Trickster's visit. Every year since we have lived here, Norm has bought a couple of bags of candy.....just in case........We would then have to dole out the neglected treats to ourselves. Like either one of us really need that!! So, for the last couple of years we have left temptation at the store. Now we're hooked on Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches. So good! And we had the best dinner last night thanks to Karen and Doug.......a wonderful and delicious carrot with ginger soup. Some crusty bread made the dinner complete.........I have the recipe, which is far simpler than I'd have thought and is even good for you. So....that balances out the Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches, right??


These are a couple of photos from last year that I've re-worked. Today was very gray and drizzly with a little rain. Hopefully tomorrow will be clearing up a bit cause we have another trip to Coos Bay to make. Just safer driving. Now that Norm is beginning to feel better than last week.......he cares a lot more how I drive. I've mentioned before that I AM a good driver. But when you're driving with someone who is spotting every little flaw, it can make you nervous, right??
But........I just figure that he's temporarily a bit grumpy and Hey! if he wants me to drive 40 mph, then 40 mph is what I'll drive. But if we turn up late for our appointment, I won't say a word.......just point my finger at him!
Isn't it wonderful that we can still bicker over silly things??

I hope everyone has a great Monday.........begin the week off expecting it to be happy and successful in all ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment