Saturday, January 16, 2010

In taking a quick drive down to the dock today we saw that the gale wind flags were in place again. It was so wet out and instead of getting me and possibly my camera wet, I decided to cheat a little and use a couple of shots from last week when we had the same two weather flags up.....although I know that last weeks was far stronger in force than today's. For those who don't live here I'll explain that I purposely left a bit of the cement wall on the bottom of each photo to show how high the waves were lifting once they hit the large rocks below. The second photo just shows how churned up the water was that day. Norm always reminds me that from where we are on land, it might not look like much but when you happen to be in a small (or medium) boat out there on that water, you're really going for a wild ride. So....I'll take my dose of excitement in the watching, thank you very much!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are some high waves! I remember those very well. Great captures! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete