Thursday, March 3, 2011

BREAKING FOR BLUE SKIES

I hadn't been down to this part of Lake Garrison in a while and I managed to click off 375 photos! Course, a lot are duplicates and some to experiment with, but there were a lot of beautiful opportunities down there. This first one is looking across the lake at a bit of the sand dunes, which separate the lake from the Pacific. The dunes just stood out so beautifully with the light hitting them just right. I'll probably show a longer view of them in the next couple of days.
And a few weeks ago did I actually say that the only birds I seemed to be able to photograph were our seagulls?........Ha! Here, we have some ducks!! Something different, although the gulls are much braver and you can see this little trio paddling like mad away from the me. I did play around a little with this photo so it has a little of a paintery effect.
I spent longer at the lake than I'd planned but still got home in time to make up a ham and leek pie. It was good. In some circles it might be known as a quiche...........but never let it be said that I'd feed any man in my home a "girlie" quiche.......Real men eat hearty PIES!! Or so I've been told.........over and over and over again. 8-))
Are you making fun plans for the weekend?? It's coming up fast and here in Port Orford we'll be having rain............but we're ducks, aren't we? Ducks are happy in the rain. Right??
Have a great weekend, whatever you decide to do.

"The world of reality has it's limits; The world of imagination is boundless"
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

No comments:

Post a Comment