Sunday, May 22, 2011

NORM'S FRIGHT

There we were at the Hwy. 101 overlook down by Rocky Point. I was happily focused (excuse the pun) on taking photos of the glorious views I saw in every direction. Especially looking down the cliffs. Norm said............"Be careful you don't fall off the cliff." And of course, I had climbed over the guard rail to look close at different perspectives. The cliffs down to the sea were blanketed with wild lupines~beautiful! Norm was watching fairly closely but eventually started to collect some rocks from around the parking area for putting some in our birdbath at home so the birds had something to stand on. When he looked up, no Donna. He didn't know that I had stooped down behind a little hill, to get a closer shot of some flowers. All he saw was that I was gone. He thought that it could happen just like that............there one minute and simply gone the next. And I suppose if I had fallen over the edge that would probably be accurate. He was starting to race over when I stood up, having gotten all the photos I had wanted. He was shaking and scared out of his wits. I felt so badly, never thinking that my squatting down could have given him such panic and fear. Later, I mentioned that the overlook was a great photo opp place to go and I can't print what his vocal reaction was.........I leave it to your imagination and the knowledge that this was a career Navy man. He expresses himself quite clearly.

Isn't it great to see our spring weather returning? The rhoddy's are just stunning this year. All these spring blooms are just so full and lush this now. And I've never seen so many gopher holes as this year down in our yard! Really a lot, so obviously there must be a lot of activity among the earthworms and like. Got my weed whacking done today and so I can look and admire for a little while now. I planted some new plants and rootings last week and the usual high hopes and determination to tend to them with lots of TLC this year.

Hope you've all had a great weekend and are ready to face this new week full of zip and zest!

Don't go near any steep cliffs............


"When we are really honest with ourselves we must admit our lives are all that really belong to us. So it is how we use our lives that determines the kind of men we are." Cesar Chavez

1 comment: