Friday, January 28, 2011

PLAYING WITH TOPAZ

I had fun this evening playing around with three photos of trees that seemed fairly uninspiring to me. The plug-in, Topaz, has many different options to play around with and the results are so varied and different. It's easy to get carried away. Hopefully, I didn't. This first one was another left over from my North Bend/Empire Lake trip. I love grasses anytime of year, but this just didn't 'cut it'. I also love the snags........which I call 'ghost trees'.........they're white and dead so that description makes sense to me! 8-))
This next photo is a group of dead firs, I think. They stood out with their white/gray wood against the blue sky. I wanted to experiment, though, and this is what I ended up with.
This third one below is of a couple of tall firs and I used the HDR option on it. I thought it was sort of a cool effect.
Well, didn't I say last night that after I washed my car it might rain. A friend who read my blog commented that she also washed her car and she "never washes her car". I don't either.....in fact I think it's been years since I've done that. Well, bad us, I guess. We're the ones who must be responsible for the end of our spring like weather. I think I need to put back on the flannel sheets, too! Time to cuddle up.........just in time for our 38th Anniversary tomorrow!! Yes!! I'm bowing right now to what must surely be applause, right?? Thank you very much!
Everyone have a great weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment