Sunday, April 17, 2011

PASSING THROUGH COQUILLE

The first photo here is a beautiful red rhoddy from my neighbor's front yard......really something, huh? It really shows off it's right red color when not in direct sunlight. No problem there lately, right?
These are few shots I took while we stopped at a couple of rest stops.......one in Coquille, above. Love the children playing in the background. And the one below was on the way back home through Riverton. I didn't know that they had a little park........It's also has a launching pad. The river was pretty high..........but it wasn't flooding (yet!)


When we were back on the road and a little closer to Bandon we passed a grove of wonderful trees that might have been someone's poplar grove. The trunks were what I was interested in. We had just come from Costco and had so much to put away that 'you-know-who' couldn't stop. So.......I think we have a pretty clear calendar this week and I plan on driving back over and seeing if they were as much of a photo op as I thought.
Did any of you watch the first episode of "Game of Thrones"? We did and I think it will be standard Sunday night fare for us for a while. Beautiful sets and countrysides. A little on the gory side but still better than a lot that passes off for entertainment these days. Hope you all have a great week ahead! I think we're finally going to get more gardening weather so you know where you'll find me.


"The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it."

Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment