Thursday, April 21, 2011

COUNTRY ROADS

Well, I made it back to see those poplar trees that I'd wanted to photography. Along the way there were all kinds of neat opportunities for other shots, as well. Like this top one of an old corral fence alongside part of the poplar grove. I 'tinkered' around with it looking for another unique effect that brought out the fence wood more than the background trees.

And below is a peeking along a path that goes through the poplar grove to the country farm house beyond. Again, I fooled around with different filters for a different effect. Sort of a 'wispy' look.

After doing as much photo shooting as I'd planned (and more!), we went over to Coos Bay to run a few errands. We had a very good lunch at a new place I'd been wanting to try...........Margarita's Mexican Restaurant on Ocean Blvd. It used to be a Taco Bell, I think. I enjoyed the charm of the place and the food was very good. The young women who owned and operated it were full of charm and smiles. I liked that they didn't pile on so much cheese, which can be over-wheming, and the portions were reasonable rather than piled on too high. I really don't like to have food thrown away (voices from the past about the poor starving children of the world). And it's usually more food than I'm comfortable eating, which I don't need anyway. It's become my new "Favorite Mexican" food restaurant. So, those of you that travel up to North Bend and/or Coos Bay, give it a try. So..........


Friday, already!! Do you have exciting plans for the weekend? If not, it's not too late to make some............have some fun in spite of more sprinkles heading our way over the weekend. See you Monday!!


"Life is the movie you see through your own unique eyes. It makes little difference what's happening out there. It's how you take it that counts."

Denis Waitley......The Winner's Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment