Monday, September 19, 2011

TREE TRIMMING WITH JERRY & BLAKE

Waaaaayyyy up there you see Jerry White hanging around in a place not too many of us would want to be. It doesn't seem to bother him, though. Norm wanted some of the tall trees in front trimmed up for winter and Jerry and his son, Blake made it look easy. Well, all except the climb up there and back. He obviously knew what he was doing and his work was smooth, agile and experienced. Blake is a senior in high school this year and he helped his Dad with eyes from below and the hauling of the cuttings. The finished 'product' looks so neat...........the trees look so much taller and allow a lot more light onto the front. In another visit the two will take care of other areas of over grown trees and let more sun onto the vegetable garden. It sure cleans everything up! Thanks, Guys~!

I wasn't able to get all the photos I wanted to download on my blog tonight. Sometimes that happens and I don't know why. So, tonight's pics are divided into two postings. The one on top is Jerry surveying the area and the second is Blake, his son. Great smile, huh?


In the below posting, that's Jerry in a longer view so it shows just how way up there he is. (Pass the parachute, please!)


Today Norm and I picked up a couple of items from the new Mexican restaurant in town, "Don Rey"........Very good and we recommend it for a tasty and filling meal. I ordered a couple of tamales...........delicious. They reminded me of my favorite when I lived back in San Francisco. Our family used to go down to Taravel Street and get the huge corn husk tamales. Memories seem to increase in fondness as time goes by, but really, Don Rey's were just as good as I remember from my childhood. Norm ordered an Adobada Burrito. Since I never heard a word from him and his burrito disappeared at mock speed, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he enjoyed it.........a lot.


We seem to be getting our Indian Summer.......at least today. It was beautiful! I picked blackberries, huckleberries, cooked up the last of the chard and the first of the string beans. Those beans were wonderful! So tender! Blue Lake or something like that is the type. We have to plant them again next year and they're much easier to pick (pole) than the bush bean that we usually plant.


So........that's been our day.........hope yours went well as well as the rest of the week~


Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment