Thursday, September 15, 2011

BELATED SPRING POPPIES

I was going through my older files and came across these Icelandic poppies and thought I'd fool around with them a bit. Along the way, it occurred to me that it's been a little while since I wrote on my blog. The summer continues to wind to a close, the blackberries are picking-ready and so are the huckleberries. I thought I might try drying the huckleberries this year. I read up on it and I don't know how much time it would save over freezing, but it would save a little space in my freezer.
I'll let you know how it works........have any of you tried drying them? If so, let me know how it worked for you.

Our veggie garden has really been producing this year...........and I know many others around our area have as well. Norm should know better, but he planted waaayyyy too many tomato plants this year. Most of them are cherry tomatoes. Some are the orange tomato which is new to us this year. Very good~! Thankfully, I know people who are happy to help us eat them up.

Today I received an email about how to decorate your Christmas holiday table! It's too early to start in on that, although I have seen a few things with the holiday spirit (I use that word reluctantly) up in some of the stores. The idea actually was to promote a new holiday DVD for the group, Pink Martini........but still.....Wow! I'm so not ready!
We haven't even had frost on the pumpkin yet!

Next month there will be a digital photography show up at the South Coast Hospital in Bandon. They're so great with the arts........always having one kind of an exhibit or another...........Should be fun. There are so many expressive things you can do with editing on your computer now. I'm looking forward to seeing all the results. It runs from October through December, I think. For the coasties......be sure to stop by sometime on your way up to our own 'Bay Area'.

Seems that most of our gold finches have moved on.........and the hummingbirds were here one day and just gone the next.........not even a 'good-bye and thanks for the summer syrup'. How's that for hospitality? More nuthatchers though. And I think the junco's should be arriving in another couple of weeks. The Canada geese also. I love to hear them honking and looking up and seeing their V-shaped arrival. Then I know for sure that autumn is here! Hope you're all enjoying the changes as much as I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment