Sunday, March 11, 2012

MARCH "SUCKER HOLE"

It usually comes in February, but this year Mother Nature is so confused as to what's the proper weather to be wearing, that you just have to consider her a little schizophrenic............and I hope it passes, although I have my doubts. While everyone was tempted to begin planting new flowering plants and spring vegetables we need to remember that we still have more winter weather facing us. And this coming week is proving that the "sucker hole" is short lived for now. A return to lots of rain and wind here on the south coast will have us looking at plant catalogs and designing new plans for our gardens in anticipation and probably some frustration as well.

A couple of friends and I were to meet for lunch at one of our favorite 'haunts', Siren's, only to find a sign on the door stating that the staff were all laid up with the flu. I hope they're all feeling better now and I know from personal experience how nasty the 'bugs' are this year. I have to say, though, that I admire the fact that they did close down and save their customers from contacting something, too. A very conscientious thing to do. Hope you all get well soon!




With Siren's closed, we went on down to Griff's. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful, bright day. Some visitor's had a family of their dogs with them, which were pretty amusing. Momma pup was in the habit of collecting rocks. She had one that was almost bigger than her mouth that she was carting around and showing off like it was a great sea treasure she's discovered. All the dogs were having a lot of fun just jumping around the rocks of the jetty, tangling up in a mass of limbs, toys, and mouths. I was somewhat envious of their agility to leap around like that!


On Facebook, Sarah, had posted that she had made up some "Dr. Pepper pulled pork." I'd only had pulled pork once in my life but the title of this dish had me looking up the recipe to make it myself. Sometimes the name of a dish just pulls you in, doesn't it? I mean, there's my "Chocolate Lumpies" that I have to bake up every Christmas.......and the name lives up to the results. Anyway, the Dr. Pepper pulled pork was delicious. Some friends over to share in the experiment was fun, too. Easy dinner, great company and lots of laughing........

One of my projects this winter seems to be doing some re-decorating using French Country as a guide. I'm trying to put the brakes on, though, with the paint brush in looking around at all the wood furniture that might be improved...........I'll have to live with the results for a long time and need to pull back my impulsive nature right now. I enjoy some of the changes though. Norm and I've decided to just not bother anymore with trying to sell our place. The real estate market doesn't look like it's going to improve in quite a while so rather than thinking about a future home, let's re-invent the one we have!

Interesting event a couple of weeks ago when I saw online that my ex-husband had died. That sure takes you back down memory lane! Even though I hadn't seen him, or been in contact with him in decades, it's still saying good-bye to a part of your life that is no more. Funny how in examining some of the past history, the lines between who was at fault, who did what to whom, who was nice and not so nice, the lines blur...........opinions soften..........and accusations cease to matter. It was a nice realization and brought a sense of peace. So.......saying good-bye and God Speed to another.....

Hope you all have a great week........travel safe is you need to be out in this coming weeks storms.








No comments:

Post a Comment