Friday, February 24, 2012

FEBRUARY FRIDAY

This February is so crazy this year.......especially the weather. Spring like days have so many things blooming.......too early. I saw a lot of daffodils blooming up around Langlois, along with a couple of new lambs. Not too many yet, but the beginning. The above photo is my clematis on our deck........strong fragrance too. The photo below is the one we're so happy with, though!! When we first moved to our house here up in Cedar Terrace, a frangrant daphne was one of the first shrubs that we planted. We've been waiting for years and years for any sign of a bloom, with no luck. We had such a wonderful daphne in California, and we couldn't figure out why this plant was just growing but not blooming. This year it finally came through for us!! Since the rains have returned I really wanted to enjoy that beautiful aroma so cut a few of the blooms for the house. One of my favorite aromas! Sweet but slightly lemony. Yum!!

I had a hair appointment with Tim the Hair Magician today. I really needed that appointment!! And at Jeffrey's Salon, there is more than enough going on to keep my mind buzzing for quite a while. So much news! By the time I left it was getting close to my dinner hour. I had thought ahead and made up a Hungarian Mushroom Soup and my new favorite bread.........a European Peasant Bread! It was sooo good. Raining on the way home made coming in to a warm house, dinner made and a nice fire going to warm hearth and soul just felt soooo good. One of the times that are just 'good' and you're actually aware of how fortunate you are to be where you are and with whom.........and life is good. Just sweetly simple times.........ahhhh.........


Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ours here on the south coast will be wet and cold; another return to winter, just when you were thinking about planting those flowers and veggies, huh?? It's too soon. Norm always wants to start those seeds too early and they sit and moulder in the mud.........the cold mud! He's holding back pretty well this year........only planted some onion starts and has worked in some early manure. I've been getting out to go after some of the pruning and weeding....a little every day if the weather is dry enough. I have guests coming in May and want to have it looking a least a little less over-grown. Emily gave me a beautiful Tower of Jewels and it's not only survived the winter but is growing by leaps and bounds! I'm hoping for blooms this year. But the daphne has taught me patience knowing that a plant will bloom when it blooms and that's that!!


Enjoy your Saturday and Sunday so you can have a happy Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment