Sunday, January 22, 2012

WHAT?? RAIN IN OREGON, YOU SAY??

Wild return to winter we're having here on the South Coast, huh? The rain has been heavy today and a few times the wind has really roared. I hope everyone has stayed safe through all this. I guess we still have more coming, but it didn't sound quite as intense. Then there was the snow of about a week ago......just a dusting really........but then it froze. I drove very carefully but still managed to hit some black ice when I tried to stop for a stop sign. Thankfully, there were no cars coming because I just sort of 'cruised' across the intersection. I try very hard to not go out in snow or ice. I don't know how to handle the car well in increment conditions like that. I've heard all what you're supposed to do but I'm pretty sure I'd probably just react impulsively and the results would be poor.

And that's what watching this 49'er and Giants play off game is.....overtime and intense and it doesn't look too good for the Niner's...........Darn!! It again makes me wonder why I get involved in rooting for ANY team in ANY sport..........Such angst!!

I have some future plans that I'm soooo looking forward to. Next August I'm going to return to beautiful Alaska with my friend, Karen. I have been there before and a few of the same ports of call but this time it's with my Nikon D-90! Can hardly wait! And I really did love the cruise part too........On any travel tours via bus, you see and do a lot, but they're a grueling way to go. If I travel all the way over to Europe or beyond, I don't want it to be for just a week and all castles start looking alike. But this trip will be just right. A bit more traveling to get to our boarding port, but we're going the day before so that will cut down on any jet lag and also give us time to take a look around the city of Seward. I heard it has a lot of charm. You'll all probably be hearing about it up to and after the trip.

Oh........I almost forgot to mention that the photo above is from an old file. It's always been one of my favorites..... I just haven't been out braving the storms and wind this year. But there are some beautiful photos being taken and shown by Randy Sholten..........great really.

Oh, Booo! The Niner's lost......Well, that settles who I will NOT be rooting for during the Superbowl!

Tomorrow the rains will still be with us so all that need to get out, please stay safe......and dry.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment