Sunday, November 27, 2011

IN BETWEEN STORMS

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? We had some good friends over and I cooked.......and ate too much! As I'm sure most of you did, too. And some wild, wild weather before Turkey Day!! Wow! They said it was 85 MPH winds.........I'm surprised there wasn't a lot more damage. Even our electricity stayed on.
One set of friends were away for the holiday week and Norm and I would go over and feed and do what petting we could for their bunnies. They were fine the whole time, but I did worry that something would break into their cages and have rabbit stew.......or one would get sick on a hair ball.......or the wind and rain would somehow scare them to death. Obviously, nothing like that happened at all...........they were fine, enjoying their banana chips, alfalfa and apples....or carrots. and the pets...........Very lovable little bunnies.

Another friend of mine had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at Redfish here in town. That's my plan for next year. Maybe some friends and relatives will be able to join us. The only problem would be not having the turkey leftovers. Today I finished making up gallons of turkey soup for the freezer. Coming home from a day of shopping, add some vegetables and bake up some fresh bread..........all set!


Tomorrow we need to go up to Coos Bay and replenish our food and hopefully get some Christmas shopping done. I don't do the Black Friday shopping. It just sounds too crazy for me......Although I doubt that there are too many pepper-spraying shoppers around. That was just bizarre. But rare, I think. I had thought I was ahead in the Christmas shopping for this year.........suddenly the reverse seems to be true and I need to hustle!!


Well, hope everyone has had a restful and long holiday weekend and are all rested up to begin another new week. It's still raining so drive safe and stay dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment