Sunday, November 13, 2011

A DAY IN BROOKINGS

My friend, Karen, and I went on our own little shopping jaunt last week. We hit the Fred Meyer's in Brookings. I hadn't been down there in years and I was so happily surprised to see how large it was. They had a great selection of women's clothing up on the second floor and there really wasn't enough time for me to take it all in. Perfect reason for a return trip! I've been wanting a number of particular items and had no problem in filling a few shopping bags!
Love Norm to pieces but this was just no place for him!

These two photos were taken on our way down........somewhere between Gold Beach and Brookings, I think. The day was perfect with not a cloud in sight and no breeze. Maybe the water wasn't quite THIS placid since I did play around with editing, but it was beautiful. It was even a little warm in the afternoon.

We had a nice lunch, a few errands and then headed home. There was a forecast of possible rain and it seemed the weatherman had to be wrong but as we closed in closer to Port Orford we could see the lineup of clouds offshore, and it wasn't too long after we got home that the drips started in.

I have more photos of our day plus an album of Doug and Karen's new bunnies at the Compass Rose posted in a photo album on my Facebook page.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Thanksgiving is probably on a lot of people's minds.......only a couple of weeks away now. I have a partial menu planned and most shopping done. I've even started in on my Christmas shopping. This holiday season is so different for me than last when Norm was in the hospital or newly arrived home. He's so better than ever now.....and I still feel incredibily blessed.

Happy soon-to-be-Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment