Friday, August 28, 2009

STONES

For some odd reason I've always been attracted to various stones...or rocks.
Any trip abroad I've made always includes bringing some kind of "earth-ware"
home with me in my suitcase. One year it was some pumice from
Vesuvius found in Pompeii..... another favorite was a plain ole' ordinary gray & white rock that a
native Chinese man (meaning-he wasn't wearing too much!)
gave me as he paddled out boat up the Shanang River....I'm just always picking
up different rocks or feathers.......But the colors that were part of a lovely stepping stone
through a friend's garden really caught my eye yesterday. I still can't tell
whether that's the sky and trees reflecting in the green stone or it's just the
stone's unique markings. Whatever it is, I really like this photo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment