Friday, May 20, 2016

ED & NANCY AT MASTER GARDENER'S DISCOVERY CENTER

 What a special couple of days, oh, about a week ago.  Our friends, Ed and Nancy, were over from Port Orford to take a wine tour in our Umpqua Valley.  It was great catching up and re-visiting our friendship.  3 Years is waaaay too long a time!   So, there was lots of talking, talking, talking, etc.  And I'm not to known to be the silent type......lol
 On last Friday, the weather just couldn't have been more perfect for a local trip to our Master Gardener's Discovery center.  I've been there a few times before, but every time we visit, it's always different..........I don't think I've been in the Spring before and the sights and smells were a pure joy.
So, the first photo at the top of the page was a "Betty Boop" rose, I think.  I enjoy the ruffles of some of my David Austin's at home but I also admire the simplicity of others......like the Betty Boop.  There's probably a specific name for them, but I don't know it.

The next shot is of Ed and Nancy as they study some of the plants.  I could hear them referring to various flowers and plants and using all the botanical names......They are Master Gardener's themselves and have a beautiful wildlife garden at their home on the coast.

Now here below, you have Norm trying to charm the "Potted Lady".  She was unmoved so I felt not a bit of jealousy.......surprising since she was so pretty.  You can tell how 'smitten' he was by his closed eyes.......basking in her super firm body.......Thankfully, she couldn't be bothered....
 This last scene was one that Nancy thought had good composition and interesting light/shade......I agree and like the way it turned out.   I'll be posting more photos of the Discovery Center on my Facebook page if you'd like to see more.
A special place with special friends.........life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment