Sunday, August 22, 2010

A GOOD MONDAY TO YOU!

Ahhh......the start of a fresh new week! I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.

This is another view of the Elk River as seen from the road above.......Quite above as I remember. I was telling some friends last night about how the drop down to the river from the road was quite a ways and the little path down from one tree to another that I could hang on to was a little leap of faith for me. I tried to not concentrate on the distance waayyy down but on the best view I could get with the camera. I remember having to wrap my arms around a tree while holding the camera and snapping. This was one of those shots. Then getting back up was the tricky part. Another leap of faith and trusting that my feet wouldn't slide in the dirt and little rocks. As you can see, I'm here safe and sound. Norm was waiting for me in the car and couldn't see me or he would have really made me nervous and maybe visa-versa. I don't want this to sound like I'm any dare-devil cause I'm not......and my balance isn't what it used to be! I just get pre-occupied in hoping to get a good photo. And the river scenes are new to me. I love this little scene. It just begs for over-heated and tired feet to be in that beautiful pool, doesn't it? One of my Flickr Friends told me that back East where he lives the temperature was 104 today and at 8 o'clock it was still 102 degrees! This photo was probably agonizing for him. Well, there's always a cool bathtub!!

Hope your day is a good one...........make it so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment