Thursday, December 30, 2010

DOG-DAYS OF 2011

A couple of dog photos today. This one on top is just a quick shot of a dog that was running by when I was down at Battlerock yesterday. A young dog, not more than a year old, and feeling her vim and vigor. She didn't get too far before her owner was calling her back before she could get into any trouble. I like the one ear up and one ear down........sounds like the start of a nursery rhyme!
These other shots are of my neighbor's dog, Max. I've posted a few photos of him before and I don't think I've ever managed to get one of him that wasn't blurred. Max is always a very busy boy and I do believe that the last photo of him here is Max's natural state.......whirling in circles and constantly on the move. He's showing all of us that carrying the newspaper is HIS job!! And he's very good at it and only occasionally drops it into the mud.......or just gets bored with it.


Wasn't it good to see the sun out today?? I missed the mark in predicting any of the 'white stuff' last night, other than a bit of hail and that didn't last long. Well, we need to dry things out a little, huh?
Wow!! It just dawned on me that tomorrow is New Year's Eve! You can really tell by THAT remark that we're big party people, right?? But this year has gone by soooo fast! I used to think when I was younger that the rapid pace of time as you got older was just a perception of time running out in a person't life, and maybe it is.........but it sure feels like the real thing to me!
So......I try to remember to value and appreciate each little thing a bit more
than I used to. Opportunities might not come around again with the same offerings and I don't want to miss anything.
I hope all of you have a fantastic New Year's! Celebrate the passing of this past year and welcome the hopes and dreams for the new. And be safe!! See you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment